Saturday, January 22, 2011

California DMV, Here I Come

No question about it.  I am one of the world's worst bloggers.  The holidays sort of overwhelmed me.  

BUT I didn't turn to binge eating to soothe myself when things got a little hectic and I have some pretty amazing proof.  

Exhibit A
This is my California driver's license.  It boasts a couple of inaccuracies.  
  • First, it says I am 5'9".  That's not true.  I think I am 5'8" or maybe 5'7 3/4". 
  • Second, it says I weigh 180 lbs.  

That also is untrue.  Because, as of today's Weight Watchers weigh-in,  I weigh 178.8. 

Exhibit B from today's eTools.

I don't think I've ever weighed what my driver's license says I weigh.  Ever.  
  • When I was a 135 lb. 15-year-old, my driver's license said I weighed 120.  
  • When I was a 165 lb. 25-year-old, it read 140.  
  • And, sadly, when I was a 256 lb. 36-year-old, it said I weighed 180.  (A difference of more than 75 lbs.)
And you know the best part?  I am still super motivated and my driver's license is up for renewal in just 7 months!  That means I should be at my goal weight by the time I get a new license and there will be no reason to lie.  

Which brings me to what's evolved as one of the themes of this whole weight loss experience for me: no more lies to myself about how I am feeling, what I am feeling or who I am.  I had a rough day this week.  But instead of lying to myself about the fact that it was a rough day, I acknowledged it.  I felt it.  It sucked.  I thought about soothing myself at Taco Bell.  I thought again.  I took action to address what was stressing me out.  And, amazingly, I felt better.  And I no longer wanted Nachos Bell Grande.  

Amazing!

140 lb. goal weight, here I come.  California DMV, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment