Monday, December 6, 2010

So Long, Old Friends


Can you guess what that box contains?  That's right.  It's my fat clothes.  They are going to Goodwill (at least the ones that don't have holes worn into them are).

This is no ordinary winter cleaning.  These aren't just clothes I haven't worn in a few months.  I wore that black and pink dress on the top of the heap last Thursday.  These are clothes that are a smidge too big... and this giveaway expresses an uneasy confidence that those clothes will only get baggier.  People, this is monumental for me.  In the past, I have treasured-away my fat clothes because I was confident (not uneasily) I would need them again.

So, if keeping my stretchy/no waistband fat clothes in the past has created a self-fulfilling prophecy in which I needed the fat clothes again... maybe I can created a different prophecy this time by getting rid of the fat clothes.  Maybe I can create a future in which I won't need them hiding in my closet, waiting to be called into service.

A couple of other thoughts: WW just changed to the new PointsPlus system, and it is a true adjustment for me.  I will post more later about how I need to change to work this new program.  It's exciting and scary at the same time!

And finally, my latest stats:

Weight on 12/04/10: 192
Pounds lost this week: -0.8
Total loss since 5/01/10: -64.4

No comments:

Post a Comment